Independent Wine & Spirits Retailer of the Year
Are you an independent wine and spirit retailer?
The IWSC is opening the Independent Wine & Spirits Retailer of the Year Award to those businesses with a single premises only…
This award recognises and rewards the key role played by independent merchants in their local community, encouraging the understanding and sales of quality wines and spirits. Entries are judged on the quality of their range, service and display; including value added, promotional events and tastings and their digital/social presence. We will be awarding two trophies - one recognising the quality of range of spirits (sponsored by Double Dutch) and one recognising the quality of range of wines.
Here’s your chance to get the recognition you deserve. All you have to do is complete the form to register your interest for the competition. If you fit the criteria, you'll be sent some information to share with your customers to encourage them to vote for you! The top five entrants will then go forward to round 2…
Retailers, importers and distributors are automatically considered for the trophies below, depending on their performance in the competition. Those with the most medals, or the highest proportion of medals per overall entries, will be shortlisted. There is no extra charge for entry.
Supermarket of the Year
Supermarkets will be judged on the performance of their portfolio of wines and spirits in the competition, and then an expert panel will review supporting materials submitted by the successful shortlisted retailers. These supporting materials will provide details of range, education, marketing and social media, events and merchandising.
Supermarket Innovator of the Year
The Supermarket Innovator of the Year category recognises and rewards how a retailer may have changed the landscape of the wine and/or spirits industry. To be considered, the Innovator of the Year will be judged on the performance of their portfolio of wines and spirits in the competition, and then an expert panel will review supporting materials submitted by the successful shortlisted retailers. These supporting materials will provide details of innovations, pioneering initiatives, range, marketing and merchandising.
Winery Innovator of the Year - Sponsored by Vivino
The Winery Innovator of the Year Award will be awarded to the winery that has done most to get better wine to more people using imagination and initiative via innovative techniques in production, distribution, marketing or business model innovation or any other method.
The IWSC and Vivino want to open the invitation to ALL wineries – so if you haven’t entered any products into the competition that doesn’t matter – we still want to hear from you!
Wine Importer of the Year & Spirit Distributor of the Year
The Wine Importer of the Year and Spirit Distributor of the Year Awards are judged in two stages. First, they will be judged on a selection of their portfolio in the competition which showcases the breadth and depth of their range (in terms of quality, price point and regions). Then, these results will be reviewed by a panel which will also take into consideration supporting materials which consider specialisms, events, education and marketing.
French Wine Discoveries
London, UKAdd to Calendar
Flavours of New Zealand 2019
Etc Venues County Hall Belvedere Rd London SE1 7PBAdd to Calendar
Wine Paris 2019
Paris Expo Porte de Versailles - Halls 4 and 7.1 1 Place de la Porte de Versailles 75015 Paris - FranceAdd to Calendar
Wines of Portugal Grand Tasting 2019
Lindley Hall Everton Street London SW1P 2QWAdd to Calendar
- “Una nueva marca tiene que centrarse increíblemente duro para lograr credibilidad y crear conciencia. Para ganar la medalla de oro y el trofeo mezcal como lanzamos fue un sueño. Nos ha proporcionado un nivel de credibilidad y exposición que simplemente no podríamos haber logrado por nuestra cuenta. Los premios nos ayudaron a asegurar negocio con cuentas asombrosos como Harvey Nichols y Selfridges y ciertamente desempeñaron un papel importante en la apertura del diálogo con los potenciales Importadores de Estados Unidos y en última instancia asegurar uno. Pensé mucho sobre cual competencia entrar y cuál sería la rentabilidad de esa inversión. Puedo decir con absoluta confianza que el IWSC valió cada centavo.”David ShepherdFundador y Director, Corte Vetusto
- “IWSC is a very important competition to us in terms of showing consumers our quality. It's one of the competitions that we definitely enter on a yearly basis.”Ian ChangMaster Blender, Kavalan Distillery
- “Out of all of the awards, the IWSC is probably the most prestigious and most honest awards. You choose your judges very well and they're very good, honest, decent people. They do it for the love of the industry.”Sukhinder SinghMD, The Whisky Exchange
- “The IWSC is a very prestigious competition. The prestige is a great thing to be able to communicate to our customers who have great respect for it.”David PorterOperations & Buying, Lea & Sandeman
- “The IWSC represents everything, without a doubt. There's no better competition in the world where you can judge yourself not just against your countrymen but against the rest of the world.”Andy AndersonWinemaker, Takapoto Estate
- “Fantastic company and fantastic award . . . In the wine industry, having an award like this is such an accolade.”Claire GriffithsCommercial Director, Vina Cono Sur
- “It's one of the greatest international awards you can get. It's similar to an Oscar, if you like.”Lenz MoserWinemaker, Yantai Changyu Pioneer Company
- “Because of the number of international judges that are tasting the wines and the number of wines that are being entered, it’s a great privilege for us to receive this award. The history of the competition, the standing that it has amongst the international wine world and certainly amongst one’s peers, to be able to get an award at the IWSC means a lot. There are a lot of competitions around the world – this probably represents the top award you could get as a winemaker.”Gary & Kathy JordanWinemakers, Jordan Wine Estate
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Blandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines