Moonsong Bang Dip WSET
Moonsong Bang established specialist wine education and consulting company winevision in Seoul, where she has been educating Korean wine lovers since 2008. A professor for Sookmyung Hospitality Business School’s Le Cordon Bleu hospitality MBA programme and Moonsong Bang is a leading WSET Certified Educator and Assessor teaching all over Korea. A WSET Level 4 Diploma holder and Associate of the Institute of Wines & Spirits (AIWS), she is a popular wine presenter and serves as an international judge – with past and recent appearances at the Hong KongIWSC, the Argentina Wine Awards, the Wines of Portugal Challenge, the Decanter. Moonsong writes for several Korean wine publications and is co-author of The Art of Wine Tasting (Gourmand world cookbook awards 2014)
She is also the co-founder of Association of Wine Educators Korea (AWEK) and Korea Sommelier of the Year Competition.
- “When we win those trophies, people around the world listen. They are serious awards. The opportunity to sell more expensive wines with more personality in independents and the on-trade has never been greater.”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Blandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines
- “The competition and the way it’s judged is outstanding. The wines go through the ringer so if you win any medal you should be very happy. The banquet night is something that all wine makers from around the world want to attend, so to come here is fantastic!”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President