Wine Importer of the Year & Spirit Distributor of the Year
The Wine and Spirit Distributor of the Year Awards has a 2 stage process. First importers will be judged on a selection of their portfolio in the competition which showcases the breadth and depth of their range (in terms of quality, price point and regions). Then, these results will be reviewed by a panel who will also take into consideration supporting materials which consider specialisms, events, education and marketing.
Supermarket of the Year
To be considered, supermarkets will be judged on the performance of their portfolio of wines and spirits in the competition and then an expert panel will review supporting materials submitted by the successful shortlisted retailers. These supporting materials will provide details of range, education, marketing & social media, events and merchandising.
Innovator of the Year
The Innovator of the Year category recognises and rewards a retailer changing the landscape of the wine and / or spirits industry. To be considered, the Innovator of the Year will be judged on the performance of their portfolio of wines and spirits in the competition and then an expert panel will review supporting materials submitted by the successful shortlisted retailers. These supporting materials will provide details of innovations, pioneering initiatives, range, marketing and merchandising.
Independent Wine & Independent Spirits Retailer of the Year
The Independent Retailers awards recognises the key role played by independent merchants in encouraging the understanding, and sales, of quality wines and spirits. Entries are judged on the quality of their range, service and display; including value added, promotional events and tastings and their digital / social presence. Entries are free, and retailers will be judged and nominated. After the votes are counted, a final shortlist will be revealed, with the judging of the final line-up taking place shortly after.
- “When we win those trophies, people around the world listen. They are serious awards. The opportunity to sell more expensive wines with more personality in independents and the on-trade has never been greater.”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Blandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines
- “The competition and the way it’s judged is outstanding. The wines go through the ringer so if you win any medal you should be very happy. The banquet night is something that all wine makers from around the world want to attend, so to come here is fantastic!”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President