Frequently asked questions
1. How much does it cost to enter the IWSC?
£140 + VAT for online entry
£160 + VAT for offline entry
*There is a £10 fee for invoice payments - pay online to avoid this
2. What are IWSC's banking details?
|Sort Code||Account Number||Swift Code||IBAN Number|
|£ Sterling||20-01-58||43783006||BUKBGB22||GB07 BUKB 2001 5843 7830 06|
|€ Euros||20-01-58||58945255||BARCGB22||GB24 BUKB 2001 5858 9452 55|
|$ Dollars||20-01-58||86763411||BUKBGB22||GB18 BUKB 2001 5886 7634 11|
|$ Dollars||20-01-58||56224422||BARCGB22||GB50 BUKB 2001 5856 224 422|
3. How will my invoice be sent to me?
Your invoice will be sent to you via email. If you haven't received your invoice after two weeks, please contact email@example.com.
4. Do you offer any discounts?
Early Bird offer: for Northern and Southern Hemisphere: enter by 31 January to save £20 per entry!
Trade fair offer: Save 50% on shipping by dropping your samples at the IWSC stand at Wine Paris or ProWein.
*Early Bird offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, including bottle collection at international trade fairs.
Subscribe to our newsletter to make sure you're the first to know about any special offers.
5. Can I send fewer samples if I'm entering expensive spirits?
Yes. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a member of our team about this.
6. What are my shipping options?
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics (group shipping) or independent courier. You can find more information on our shipping details page
We will be collecting bottles at a number of key trade events around the globe, throughout the year. Upcoming events include Wine Paris and Prowein. This costs £26 for wine, sake and vermouth and £60 for spirits. Please contact us for more information.
7. Can I send my bottle with a temporary label?
Products may be submitted with a temporary label. It must contain all required legal information. We do not accept tank samples.
8. How many bottles do I need to enter?
You must send three bottles of each wine and sake entry, or two bottles for spirits and vermouth.
If you are entering expensive spirits, we are sometimes able to accept fewer offers. Contact us if you need more information.
9. What size bottles should I submit?
500ml, 700ml, 750ml, or 750cl
10. Can I print an address label?
Login to your account, select 'Manage Entries' and then you will be able to print a label.
11. How should I package my samples?
The IWSC aims to be as environmentally-friendly as we can, so please avoid polystyrene where possible.
Any other packaging is acceptable, so long as your samples can get to us in good condition.
12. When is the deadline to enter the IWSC?
We have different entry and shipping deadlines for various regions which can be viewed on our website.
13. Do you ever extend the deadlines?
14. Who will be judging my wines/spirits?
Our judging panels are made up of an optimum mix of experts from a diverse range of trade backgrounds. We have more than 400 judges from over 30 countries.
15. Do you use price category and actual retail price to evaluate the wines?
No, at the IWSC we judge wines and spirits purely based on quality. Judges do not receive any information regarding the prices or indication of its value.
16. Does every category get a minimum of Bronze, Gold, Silver medals?
No, only the top scoring wines and spirits receive medals. The scoring is different for wines and spirits. Click here to read more about the IWSC’s scoring system.
17. How will I be informed of my results?
You will receive an email notifying you if you have won any awards. You will also be able to access your results by logging in to your account on our website.
Some results will be embargoed prior to a public accoucement, but winners will find out the results in advance so that they can plan publicity beforehand.
18. What will I get from the IWSC if I win an award?
Winners all receive a free certificate and standard resolution medal artwork.
Winners are able to purchase high res logos, artwork and bottle stickers by logging in to their account.
19. How will an award benefit my brand?
IWSC Gold medal winning products are tasted by over 500 of the UK's leading importers, retailers and critics. We have dedicated social media campaigns running throughout the year to publicise winning products. We also work with trade bodies to promote winners at a number of events around the world, including ProWein, Wine Paris and Vinitaly. Find out more.
Winners will also receive marketing tool kit to help them promote their win via PR campaigns and social media.
20. When will I receive my certificate?
Winners will receive their printed certificates around two weeks after the results are announced. You can also download a copy from our website by logging in to your account.
21. How do I find previous winners?
22. What is the differences between silver award 2018, 2017… and silver award 2019. Can you please explain the difference?
The Silver award scoring has changed in 2019. The entire scoring system has moved upwards. In 2017 and 2018 a score of 80 to 85 was awarded a silver medal and a score of 86 to 90 was awarded a silver outstanding.
As of 2019 we have discontinued Silver Outstanding and Silver score is now 90 to 94.
23. How much do the stickers cost and how do I pay?
A roll of 1000 stickers costs £55 plus delivery.
Winners can log into their account on our website to access purchasing their stickers there.
24. Do I get a discount for ordering a large number of stickers?
The discount currently offered is £50 per roll for orders of 10 rolls or more.
25. Can I incorporate IWSC medal logo on my label?
Yes you are able to incorporate the digital artwork of IWSC medal stickers on your label. Free low resolution stickers are available for free and high resolution artwork is available for purchase.
26. What are the sticker specifications?
The stickers are 25mm in diameter.
27. Where are my bottle stickers?
Please call our Operations Team on +44 (0)1483 548 963.
28. How do I find you?
The IWSC Warehouse is located at: Building 17, Dunsfold Park, Stovolds Hill, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8TB, UK.
29. Need help with something else?
Please don't hesitate to get in touch.