IWSC Annual Awards Banquet
|Date||Wed 15 Nov 2017|
The IWSC Annual Awards Banquet returns to Guildhall, London, for our annual celebration of excellence in wine & spirit making.
We are ‘Live Streaming’ at the Annual Awards Banquet via Facebook on Wednesday 15 November from 8.15pm GMT. Join for FREE by liking the IWSC Facebook page and watch the prestigious event here wherever you are in the World.
The awards ceremony brings together the elite of the wine and spirits industry to celebrate the achievements of the year, and includes with a tasting of all Gold 2017 medal winners, a champagne reception, lavish 5-course meal and awards presentations throughout the evening as well as an after-party for those wanting to continue the celebrations. The original aim of the Competition was to award excellence to wines and spirits worldwide and this aim remains the same today, encouraging recognition for quality products.
Entries into the Competition are received from nearly 90 countries worldwide and each sample is judged according to its class and treated with the same care and consideration in the Competition’s dedicated tasting premises.
The Competition is proud to set the international benchmark for quality remaining unique in the crowded world of drinks competitions with dedicated tasting premises, a permanent onsite cellar and over 400 global experts judging products for 7 months of the year.
“It’s spectacular, fantastic evening to come here and enjoy such historic surroundings. It’s a fantastic endorsement of the quality of any producer, and really helps in the market place to differentiate your products from the millions of others.” Verity Milns, Corporate Communications Manager, Liberty Wines.
“It’s a great chance to meet people you know and get to know other people, and it's a chance for the team to enjoy ourselves. The IWSC is the big one – the Oscars for the drinks industry, so it’s a really big deal to win an award." - Martin Kinnear, Finance Manager, Beam Suntory.
Essência do Vinho 2018
Porto, PortugalAdd to Calendar
Wines of Portugal Grand Tasting - London
Lindley Hall Everton Street London SW1P 2QWAdd to Calendar
IWSC Chinese Wine Tasting - Free Event Trade only
Institute of Masters of Wine - London, UKAdd to Calendar
Athens, GreeceAdd to Calendar
- “As a start-up brand you focus hard on achieving credibility and creating awareness. Winning Gold Outstanding and the Mezcal Trophy provided us with a level of credibility and exposure that we simply could not have achieved on our own. The awards helped secure key listings in Harvery Nichols and Selfridges and certainly played a significant part in opening up dialogue with potential U.S importers and ultimately securing one. I thought hard about which competition to enter and what the return on that investment would be. I can say with absolute confidence that the IWSC was worth every penny.”David ShepherdFounder & Director, Corte Vetusto
- “IWSC is a very important competition to us in terms of showing consumers our quality. It's one of the competitions that we definitely enter on a yearly basis.”Ian ChangMaster Blender, Kavalan Distillery
- “Out of all of the awards, the IWSC is probably the most prestigious and most honest awards. You choose your judges very well and they're very good, honest, decent people. They do it for the love of the industry.”Sukhinder SinghMD, The Whisky Exchange
- “The IWSC is a very prestigious competition. The prestige is a great thing to be able to communicate to our customers who have great respect for it.”David PorterOperations & Buying, Lea & Sandeman
- “The IWSC represents everything, without a doubt. There's no better competition in the world where you can judge yourself not just against your countrymen but against the rest of the world.”Andy AndersonWinemaker, Takapoto Estate
- “Fantastic company and fantastic award . . . In the wine industry, having an award like this is such an accolade.”Claire GriffithsCommercial Director, Vina Cono Sur
- “It's one of the great international awards you can get. It's similar to an Oscar, if you like.”Lenz MoserWinemaker, Yantai Changyu Pioneer Company
- “Because of the number of international judges that are tasting the wines and the number of wines that are being entered, it’s a great privilege for us to receive this award. The history of the competition, the standing that it has amongst the international wine world and certainly amongst one’s peers, to be able to get an award at the IWSC means a lot. There are a lot of competitions around the world – this probably represents the top award you could get as a winemaker.”Gary & Kathy JordanWinemakers, Jordan Wine Estate
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Blandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines