Thu 12 Jan 2017
New Wine Category for 2017!The IWSC is proud to announce that we will now be tasting Organic & biodynamic wines separately, and have introduced a new category for these.
As they are becoming such an important part of the wine industry, we have decided to highlight the use of organic or biodynamic viticulture practices.
These products will have their own tasting, within their main country’s tasting, so that the country specific judges will be able to pick up on the differences in the wine style and quality these practices aim to highlight.
This will also include wine made from Organically Grown Grapes (USA) and other international variations.
The IWSC will also attend Millésime Bio 2017 in Marseille, where more than 900 organic wine producers will be exhibiting. If you would like to arrange a meeting, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “When we win those trophies, people around the world listen. They are serious awards. The opportunity to sell more expensive wines with more personality in independents and the on-trade has never been greater.”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Brandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines
- “The competition and the way it’s judged is outstanding. The wines go through the ringer so if you win any medal you should be very happy. The banquet night is something that all wine makers from around the world want to attend, so to come here is fantastic!”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President