Online Retailer of the Year 2016 nominations
|Nominations open||16th May 2016 - 30th May 2016|
Please place your vote below.
Now in its third year, the Online Retailer Award, sponsored by Esoterica, seeks to recognise and reward the innovative work demonstrated by the many online businesses in the world of wines and spirits. Last year the award went to The Whisky Exchange, and in its inaugural year it was awarded to Master of Malt.
While retailers enter the competition themselves, customers will then vote for their favourite nominees online. After voting closes the top scoring retailers are judged by a panel of industry experts selected by the International Wine and Spirit Competition. All entries must distribute in the UK and although entries may have a physical store, only the online store will be judged in the competition.
After the votes are counted, a final shortlist will be selected with the judging of the final line-up taking place shortly after. The winner will be announced at the IWSC Annual Awards Banquet at London’s Guildhall on Wednesday 16th November.
Looking for our Independent Retailer category? Click here
Sponsored by Esoterica
- “When we win those trophies, people around the world listen. They are serious awards. The opportunity to sell more expensive wines with more personality in independents and the on-trade has never been greater.”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Blandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines
- “The competition and the way it’s judged is outstanding. The wines go through the ringer so if you win any medal you should be very happy. The banquet night is something that all wine makers from around the world want to attend, so to come here is fantastic!”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President