Independent Retailer of the Year 2016 candidaturas
|Inicio del periodo de presentación de candidaturas||16th May 2016 - 30th May 2016|
Please place your vote below.
The Independent Retailer award, running since 2008, recognises the key role played by independent merchants in encouraging the understanding, and sales, of quality wines and spirits.
Last year, the award went to South Downs Cellar, and in 2014 was awarded to Birmingham wine merchant Loki Wines.
Entries are judged on the quality of their range, service and display; including value added, promotional events and tastings and their digital / social presence.
Entries are free, and retailers simply need to fill out this form to nominate themselves. After the votes are counted, a final shortlist will be revealed, with the judging of the final line-up taking place shortly after.
The winner will be announced at the IWSC Annual Awards Banquet at the Guildhall on Wednesday 16th November.
Retailers will not be judged on their websites - for those looking to enter our other category, the Online Retailer award, please click here. Nominees must have physical premises, 5 stores of fewer.
- “When we win those trophies, people around the world listen. They are serious awards. The opportunity to sell more expensive wines with more personality in independents and the on-trade has never been greater.”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Blandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines
- “The competition and the way it’s judged is outstanding. The wines go through the ringer so if you win any medal you should be very happy. The banquet night is something that all wine makers from around the world want to attend, so to come here is fantastic!”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President