English Wine Week
|Start Date||Sat 27 May 2017|
|End Date||Sun 4 Jun 2017|
From the organisers;
English Wine Week is a national campaign, designed to raise awareness of English wine across the country. There are a wide range of activities which take place across the country to celebrate English Wine Week, involving both retail and leisure outlets, and at the vineyards themselves.
English Wine Week starts over Spring Bank Holiday which is also half term holiday for most schools. It marks the start of the tourist season, and the vineyards themselves are waking up to the new growing season – there is plenty to see and enjoy.
- “When we win those trophies, people around the world listen. They are serious awards. The opportunity to sell more expensive wines with more personality in independents and the on-trade has never been greater.”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Brandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines
- “The competition and the way it’s judged is outstanding. The wines go through the ringer so if you win any medal you should be very happy. The banquet night is something that all wine makers from around the world want to attend, so to come here is fantastic!”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President