HKTDC Wines & Spirits Fair 2017
|Start Date||Thu 9 Nov 2017|
|End Date||Sat 11 Nov 2017|
|Location||Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre|
From the organisers;
For suppliers of wine and spirits, Hong Kong provides the perfect trading platform, with a tax-free environment supported by world-renowned logistics delivering access to the markets of the Chinese mainland and Asia. While established wine markets have flattened, those of Asia have soared, with ample potential to grow as increasingly savvy Asian wine consumers move to higher value products and the entry-level base continues to expand.
Hong Kong’s role as the hub which makes wine trade happen is shown in the figures of 2015: wine total imports increased by 20.9% in quantity and 27.6% in value; total exports soared by 23% in quantity and 95.8% in value year on year.
- “When we win those trophies, people around the world listen. They are serious awards. The opportunity to sell more expensive wines with more personality in independents and the on-trade has never been greater.”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Blandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines
- “The competition and the way it’s judged is outstanding. The wines go through the ringer so if you win any medal you should be very happy. The banquet night is something that all wine makers from around the world want to attend, so to come here is fantastic!”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President