IWSC 2018 President
Facundo L. Bacardí has been chairman of the board of Bacardí Ltd since 2005 and a director since 1993. He is the great-great-grandson of company founder Don Facundo Bacardí Massó, and a fifth-generation family member.
Mr Bacardí is the managing director of Apache Capital LLC, an investment company based in Coral Gables, Florida, which invests in a broad, diversified class of public and private assets. Mr Bacardí serves on the advisory board of Noro-Moseley
Partners and the board of trustees of Emory University. He also serves as the executive director of the Facundo and Amalia Bacardí Foundation.
Mr Bacardí holds a JD from Emory University Law School and a BSBA degree in finance from American University.
- “When we win those trophies, people around the world listen. They are serious awards. The opportunity to sell more expensive wines with more personality in independents and the on-trade has never been greater.”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Blandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines
- “The competition and the way it’s judged is outstanding. The wines go through the ringer so if you win any medal you should be very happy. The banquet night is something that all wine makers from around the world want to attend, so to come here is fantastic!”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President