The IWSC boasts for having the most highly qualified and trained group of international judges of any wine and spirit competition. Judges are selected for their knowledge and experience, and in order to ensure that products are evaluated fairly and with consumer expectations in mind, qualified and knowledgeable consumer judges work alongside MWs and prominent trade judges.
All judges must attend an induction and may also be asked to attend a trial judging day before being permitted to sit on a panel. Judges performance is constantly reviewed by monitoring scoring patterns and notes.
If you are interested in being considered for our panel of judges, please complete the application form here.
- “When we win those trophies, people around the world listen. They are serious awards. The opportunity to sell more expensive wines with more personality in independents and the on-trade has never been greater.”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Brandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines
- “The competition and the way it’s judged is outstanding. The wines go through the ringer so if you win any medal you should be very happy. The banquet night is something that all wine makers from around the world want to attend, so to come here is fantastic!”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President